Parents deserve a fair go in the job market
Our co-Director Rachel Perkins was recently asked to write for the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association’s ‘The Brief’ – a site informing, sharing and driving conversations about building a better workplace. The RCSA is the peak body for the recruitment and staffing industry in Australia and New Zealand.
In summary, Rachel believes it is fair to say that as an industry, we can all be doing so much more to support working parents both during the recruitment process and through employment.
She provided the following 5 points for recruiters to consider when working with parents.
- Leave your unconscious biases out of the recruitment process
- Overlook the gap on the resume rather than the candidate
- You don’t lose your skills when on parental leave – you gain more
- If in doubt, invite them to interview
- Be open to flexible working
You can read the full article here.