At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
• Career Progression Opportunities
• Flexible work arrangement
• Car provided + 13% Superannuation
You will have a deep understanding of client risk profiles and work influentially with underwriters, clients and our supplier networks by proposing pragmatic risk treatment options, advice, technical support and management. You will be able to confidently consult internally and externally in order to reduce customer risk profiles and subsequently reducing the risk of IAG’s underwriting portfolios.
• Provide accurate, informative and timely site risk appraisals that provide optimal risk information to underwriters
• Provide risk management solutions and options to clients
• Deliver accurate, comprehensive and timely written reports and report reviews.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all risk services are delivered in a consistent, coordinated, efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Educate Brokers, Partners, Customers and Underwriters around existing exposures and best practice mitigation
• Maintain industry knowledge relevant to the client portfolio, regulatory change, compliance and Australian and International standards.
• Supports sales and growth of product through attendance and contribution to marketing activity and customer engagement.
• Participate as subject matter expert in ad-hoc risk related projects as required.
Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years’ experience in Property Risk Consulting (with a minimum of 3-5 specialising in property)
• Well-developed commercial acumen, looking to balance the drive for improvement with recognition of stakeholder needs
• Strong ability to report on and critically analyse risk performance and provide guidance and recommendations
• Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
• to all levels within a company.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues,
• customers, and key stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of compliance, regulatory, Australian and International standards relevant to safety and compliance.
• In-depth understanding and experience in Risk Analysis and Selection
• Strong knowledge of principles of Property Insurance
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on Tuesday 27th July 2021.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.