• Multiple Permanent Opportunities Across a Range of Experience Levels
• Open to Any Australian Office Location
• Product & Pricing, Direct Insurance Australia
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
Do you have a passion for pricing and want to be involved in a major Pricing transformation project at IAG?
Our Pricing team is expanding, and we are recruiting for multiple roles across a range of experience levels to join us to work on a major Pricing transformation project at IAG. It involves leading the integration of actuarial pricing models into the Earnix rating engine and building the end-to-end pricing process including algorithms, monitoring and feedback loops.
Reporting to the Pricing Engine Manager, you will be joining a team of over 10 Pricing Analysts and Actuaries who enjoy the challenge of working on a ground-breaking, innovative project with a high level of exposure across the organisation.
• Design and build an end-to-end pricing process in Earnix that is best in class for all products across IAG
• Design of pricing algorithms in accordance with our Pricing Principles, feeding directly from actuarial pricing models
• Work with a range of stakeholders across the business from the product team, data team etc. to inform the design of the pricing algorithm and rate setting
• Work closely with the Technical Pricing team to integrate risk cost and demand models
• Perform price optimisation to determine commercial rates to deploy to market
• Implement algorithm simplification and improvements across IAG
• Assist with the design and build of monitoring reports
Skills & Experience
• General Insurance Pricing or Actuarial experience in the Australian market or overseas
• Tertiary qualifications in a numerical or analytical discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial or Computer Science
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel
• Experience with SAS, SQL, Python or equivalent
• Ability to present technical information to a broad audience, developing quality documents including business case and post-implementation review reports
• Experience working in a project/agile operating environment would be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and have exceptional flexibility of approach
• Proven ability to display multi-dimensional thinking when solving problems
• Familiarity with pricing techniques and models such as GLM, GBM
• For more senior roles, a qualified Actuary (or 1-2 exams away from qualification) would be highly regarded
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on Wednesday 21st April at 23:59 AEST.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.