Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently seeking a highly experienced Hazardous Areas Electrical Fitter to join their Defence Base Services Contract in the Northern Territory. This role would see primarily based at RAAF Base Darwin, NT but would require regular travel to our remote sites including RAFF Base Tindal. This role would see you to perform technical and maintenance work on Defence Fuel Installation services which will include tasks such as inspections, preventative maintenance, and general repairs along with any planned work.
In addition, you may be required to:
• Execute preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as well as provide technical assistance as required.
• Work with other maintenance personnel to maintain DFI equipment to agreed schedules, procedures and standards.
• Effectively diagnose problems and provide technical support as required for problem solving maintenance issues within the electrical discipline.
• Carry out work and inspections of work in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements and the relevant codes and industry standards (AS/NZS 60079; AS/NZS 3000).
Skills & Experience:
• Recognised Trade Certificate III of Proficiency (Electrical Fitter)
• Relevant State Electrical Licence (WA), CPR and Low Voltage Rescue (LVR)
• Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas
• Certificate IV in Instrumentation and Control would be advantageous
• High Risk certifications such as Confined Space, Working at Heights, EWP and First Aid would be advantageous
• Comprehensive understanding of Australian Standards (AS/NZS 60079 and AS/NZS 3000)
• Proven experience in Hazardous Area maintenance
• Valid Australian Drivers Licence
This is a family friendly position, working a 38hr week (Monday to Friday) paid on an hourly rate plus super. In order to be successful in this role you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance to the level of Secret.
Please note: This is a local position and not a FIFO role.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and create a high-performance business. Broadspectrum has an ongoing commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through our Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 108705