– Focus Groups Specialist –
Participate to the elaborating of Food & Beverage strategies for hospitality venues.
Casual employment, mainly home office.
About the business:
We are a company specialised in the repositioning of food and beverage hospitality venues (clubs, pubs etc).
We are among others the creators of the Greens North Sydney, Acre Camperdown Commons, the Fernery Mosman (video at the bottom of the ad).
List of projects: http://tullyheard.com.au/projects/
About the role:
When elaborating strategies for the venues of our clients, one of the key data input if the outcome of the organisation of focus groups.
During these focus groups (between 3 and 6 groups usually, each made of around 8-10 people), we ask questions to understand the current customer experience of the key existing patrons on one hand, and to understand the needs of people corresponding to our target market but not yet clients on the other hand.
We usually have around 1 session of focus groups a month (depending on the contracts we have) and the timing is in general the following:
– notice of the new project and retro planning: week 1
– research from the rest of the team (ABS study, workshop with management team, competitive assessment): weeks 1 to 2, then brief of the Market research consultant with the potential strategy / concept of the new venue and visuals, target markets: end of week 2
– recruitment of the focus groups by the Market research consultant and practical organisation with the client: weeks 3 and 4
– in parallel, preparation of the discussion brief and the stimulus material then validation by tully heard: weeks 3 and 4
– focus groups: week 5 (usually 2 full days)
– delivery of the market research report: week 6
This is a timing template but it changes for each project. It is not a full time position during these 6 weeks, the consultant spends the time needed to complete the contract, and the fee is fixed.
Apart from the focus groups themselves and the presentations to client when needed, the job is fully home office.
Our future collaborator should be available the first week of March 2020.
Skills and experience:
The candidate have to be professional researcher with focus group facilitation and interpretation skills – ideally accredited and ideally lifestyle consumer based researchers – however not mandatory. We are looking for a dynamic person with flexible calendar as our and who is as passionate as us about hospitality industry and customer experience.
Over the course of the year we would expect 30-50 focus groups at a payment of $1k per group. Metropolitan and regional work with travel expenses covered.
Ideally, we see our collaboration as a long term one.
The candidate must:
– Have the right to work in Australia, permanently with no restriction on hours
– Be an Australian Citizen
– Have at least 2 years of experience in market research