One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We are on the lookout for SHEQ Advisor who is after a role that involves mentoring and coaching our managers and supervisors out on site .
• A big impact position where you will have a positive impact
• Join a team that values diversity and embraces flexible working arrangements
• Our company takes safety seriously and champions their employees
About The Role
This is a newly created role within our Safety team coaching and mentoring our employee and subcontractors in our Transport division in NSW. This role reports to our Systems and Compliance Manager and is based out of our Woolloomooloo office. You will need to be a confident communicator who is able to teach, instruct, coach and provide advice on the application of SHEQ tools and legislation as part of assurance activities and reviews.
The role is for an initial 12-month fixed term with the potential to extend due to ongoing project development. You will need to be able work periodic shift work and cross functional support for other adjacent company managed assets.
What you’ll be doing
• Taking personal accountability for own safety being aware of the impact of actions on the safety of others
• Coordinating training activities by delivering training on SHEQ system tools and by providing support in the planning and conducting of competency assessments
• Assisting in the development of standard to ensure the project complies with regulations and governance
• Coaching and mentoring site supervisors and field employees on the application of WHS legislation, guidance and tools
• Conducting regular risk, compliance checks and audits for the network, identifying breaches and drivers
• Preparing SHEQ reports and ensuring the utilisation of risk management and incident reporting databases
To be successful in this role, you must have
• Diploma or tertiary Qualifications
• ICAM incident Investigation training and Cert IV in training and assessment
• Ideally 5+ years in a functional role with industry experience
• Demonstrated experience in delivering programs and change management
• Knowledge of Health and Safety within a utility or infrastructure environment
• Exposure to and experience with precontract and tenders support is preferable
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
• We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
• There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
• We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
What Makes You Right For Ventia
• You’re a can-do person who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
• You put safety first.
• You share our values like integrity and excellence.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 114639