What’s in it for me?
This role provides you the opportunity to build your HSE career whilst fostering valuable relationships within our Wellington City Council contract. Ventia provides facility management services to Wellington City Council. Assets under management include 1,800 social housing units, the Opera House, St James Theatre, and the Wellington Town Hall. Ventia’s services will be underpinned by good energy management practices to assist Wellington City Council in becoming a zero-carbon capital city by 2050.
About the Role
You will be partnering and working closely with Ventia and Wellington City Council stakeholders. You will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and governance of the contract’s SHEQ programs, systems, and processes into projects whilst driving consistency in line with business and client requirements. This role is the key interface between the contract Manager and operational delivery. Along with key responsibilities such as,
• Ensuring the provision of current and updated SHEQ Management Plans; and that safety systems, processes, and templates are compliant with client/contract requirements
• Engaging and monitoring subcontractor management
• Developing and delivering business improvement plans, leading key campaigns, toolboxes, and audit programs
• Conduct incident investigations, monitoring and assurance activities, and corrective actions providing coaching as required
To be successful in this role, it is beneficial that you have at least 3 years of SHEQ experience and are comfortable working independently. Your excellent communication skills will ensure you can successfully build relationships and engage with teams and clients across contracts.
You will also have:
• Cert IV OHS/WHS or Diploma OHS/WHS
• Formal training in incident investigation
• A suitable experience as a safety professional in industrial safety
• Strong technical skills in reporting, online programs (SAP), and database analysis
• Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements, and ISO standards within an infrastructure or asset/facilities maintenance project environment
• Ability to develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement.
• Experience in Subcontractor Management and/or Occupational Hygiene is an advantage
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.