Confluence Water Pty Ltd, Ventia, Downer EDI and Jacobs joint venture, has been announced as one of three consortia to deliver services under Sydney Water’s Partnering for Success program. Confluence Water will deliver design, construction, maintenance and facilities management services in Sydney Water’s North region, which stretches from Sydney Harbour to the Hawkesbury River and includes the Hills Shire. This is a 10-year contract and as part of this contract Ventia are committed to developing people within local communities.
We are seeking for an experienced and motivated Procurement Officer on a permanent full-time basis, to join our highly skilled team based in Chatswood, NSW.
• The role will manage the administration of Purchase Orders, Service & Task Orders, and ensures all information is complete and accurate to guarantee the timely and cost competitive supply of goods and services for Confluence Water.
• Provide support to Vendors in administering the SAP Ariba Platform (Access, Purchase Orders, Invoice upload, Survey response)
• Reconcile Monthly Vendor claims
• Provide support and assistance to Operation Managers and Supervisors in raising and reconciling Purchase Orders
• Provide guidance and training to Maintenance, Facilities & Maintenance and Construction team on procurement processes and use of Ariba- pay network system.
• Facilitate and balance purchase order discrepancies and coordinate with accounts payable for an efficient reconciliation of payment to vendors.
• Produce SAP vendor purchasing reports to assist Confluence Water Procurement and Finance teams
• Provide support to internal business unit on procurement and contract enquiries.
• Ensure effective compliance with all processes, procedures, and governance frameworks, including the use of procurement systems like Ariba.
To be Successful in this Role You Will Have
• System savvy – SAP Experience is highly desirable.
• Previous experience in a procurement role within a large organisation. (highly desirable)
• Experience using a tender and contract management system (Ariba experience essential).
• Display a high degree of accuracy and attention to details (essential).
• Demonstrates the confidence and flexibility to work under pressure and ability to work as a team member independently.
• Strong communication skills and methods to communicate information and ideas effectively and appropriately
• Demonstrates excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, able to analyse and select appropriate solution from range of competing results.
• Highly developed Microsoft office skills
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.